POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Files to show render slow-up. : Files to show render slow-up. Server Time
19 May 2024 05:52:17 EDT (-0400)
  Files to show render slow-up.
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 7 Feb 2007 12:20:12
Message: <45ca0a4c$1@news.povray.org>
Here's a set of files to demonstrate the render slow-up I spoke of in p.g.

1) Download all the files to a directory.
2) Change the font description and filepath in duelcaptions11.pov to some
TTF font you have.
3) Render testscene.pov with these conditions:

+KFF20 +SF1 +EF10    Will be super fast
+KFF20 +SF11 +EF20  Will be super fast
+KFF20 +SF1 +EF20    Will be super slow, >>> the sum of the two above.

Now is this gross oversight in my duelcaptions.pov file (I think it's the
killer), or a problem with how povray allocates resources at the beginning
of a render session?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'duelcaptions11.pov.txt' (4 KB) Download 'charteszt12.pov.txt' (1 KB) Download 'testscene.pov.txt' (1 KB) Download 'quickscene.pov.txt' (1 KB)