POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wide-screen orthographic camera? : Re: Wide-screen orthographic camera? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:19:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wide-screen orthographic camera?
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 6 Feb 2007 21:51:55
Message: <45c93ecb$1@news.povray.org>
"Hugo" <hug### [at] yahoocombr> wrote in message
> Hi Steve,
>
> I believe that if you omit the angle keyword, the size of the "viewing
> volume" is not affected by the position of the camera or by the look_at
> keyword.
>
> You can set the height (width) of the viewing volume directly in the up
> (right) camera vector statements.
>

> Hugo.
>
> --
> www.bishop3d.com

Mostly.  Use "right" and "up" to define your resolution, "location" and
"look_at" define the viewing angle,  but, be aware also that "location
defines the viewing plane, anything behind it will not be seen, so make sure
your location is far enough back.  For your need, set your image size to
+W1280, +H1024, for the camera: look_at 0, location z*(distance).   Make
sure distance is large enough that you don't clip the scene, and center your
scene at the origin with a size of 1280X1024.  Should work easy.

camera{
  orthographic
  right 1280
  up 1024