POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Future development of Pov Ray : Re: Future development of Pov Ray Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Future development of Pov Ray
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 5 Feb 2007 20:27:59
Message: <45c7d99f$1@news.povray.org>
> and... I didn`t want to sound offensive christopher, I just wanted to know
> if you think about implementing additional methods...
> and if you like to get more information on it I would love to help and
> supply what I can get my fingers on!

Since you can save_file and load_file radiosity data, you
could place the camera at the major light sources during
several pre-renders to flesh out the radiosity data more.
This should result in the same results as bidirectional path
tracing.
I did a test with 2 lights and a sphere, there are differences
but very slight. I'll put the differenced picture up in p.b.i
(it's tweaked to make the difference be visible)