POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Future development of Pov Ray : Re: Future development of Pov Ray Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Future development of Pov Ray
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 5 Feb 2007 03:54:28
Message: <45c6f0c4$1@news.povray.org>
McHannemann schrieb:
> Hi Pov Ray Team,
>
> I would like to know if you plan to implement another rendering technique
> outside
> you raytracing and GI solution?

There are no intentions for adding techniques that are incompatible to
raytracing like for example methods that require the objects to be
represented as meshes.

> My personal favourite would be MLT or Bidirectional Pathracing, it would
> give Pov Ray the cutting edge :-D

Suggestions like that are usually not leading to much, especially if you
  cannot give anything to support the claim that technique X would be
useful (i.e. efficient and effective) and feasible to implement for POV-Ray.

-- Christoph