POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Precedence of declared textures... : Re: Precedence of declared textures... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:23:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Precedence of declared textures...
From: Warp
Date: 4 Feb 2007 03:48:21
Message: <45c59dd5@news.povray.org>
Swatch <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I was wondering if there is a way to overwrite the texture property of a
> mesh without changing that mesh.

  Currently no.

>  Is there a way to override these hardcoded values within the mesh or do
> those texture definitions take precedence?

  Not directly, but if you are willing to code a bit of SDL, you could
convert the mesh to another format readable using SDL.
  The current mesh compressor (http://www.geocities.com/ccolefax/pcm.html)
doesn't support mesh2 nor per-triangle/per-vertex textures, but a newer
beta of the program does: http://warp.povusers.org/WinMeshcomp30_beta3.zip
(There are no macros to read the new formats so you'll have to code them
yourself. It's not hard, though.)

--
                                                          - Warp