POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Getting data out of a mesh2 : Re: Getting data out of a mesh2 Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:59:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting data out of a mesh2
From: Warp
Date: 1 Feb 2007 04:47:09
Message: <45c1b71d@news.povray.org>
David Wallace <dar### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> Is there a way to fish normal and vertex data out of a
> declared mesh2 given a face index or will I have to create a separate
> vertex array?

  Currently no.

  You could, however, convert the mesh2 into another format which is
easy to parse from pov SDL.
  The current public version of my mesh compressor doesn't support mesh2,
but you can read about it here:
http://www.geocities.com/ccolefax/pcm.html

  A beta version supporting mesh2 exists, though:
http://warp.povusers.org/WinMeshcomp30_beta3.zip

  There are no macros to read the new formats, but the file format is
very simple and easily readable from your own SDL code.

--
                                                          - Warp