POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [bug] Very slow rendering : Re: [bug] Very slow rendering Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [bug] Very slow rendering
From: William Peska
Date: 29 Jan 2007 14:20:50
Message: <45be4912$1@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:
> William Peska wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for your deep insights. I think that it is a responsibility of
>> the POV-Ray developers to figure out their bugs. I wasted enough time.
>
> That attitude makes me wonder if you actually have any interest in
> solving your problem or if you just want to nag.

The only reliable way to solve the stated POV-Ray problems is to fix the
bugs. The workarounds are not reliable solutions and some (most) of them
require scene modifications which is unacceptable for me.

The purpose of a bug report is to clearly show a problem in the
software. If you haven't noticed the posted pov scenes are only test
scenes designed to show a problem. I can't post actual scene, so the
workarounds may or may not work with my actual scenes and therefore are
almost useless for me.

Now, is there something UNCLEAR here?

William