POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : How do I rotate a citygen 1.5 scene in moray? : Re: How do I rotate a citygen 1.5 scene in moray? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 09:26:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do I rotate a citygen 1.5 scene in moray?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 29 Jan 2007 04:12:38
Message: <45bdba86$1@news.povray.org>
OK. I have rapidly tested CityGen. Here are some thoughts:

- Most important: CityGen is an OLD program (1999) and it exports to POV-Ray
3.0. That generates some troubles, especially missing semi-colons after all
declarations etc. but easy to overcome: run you scene a number of times in
POV-Ray and read the error messages appearing. When your scene renders
correctly, your SDL will be ready for Moray.
- Now, for your specific problem, you have to do the following as CityGen
does not group the streets and buildings into separate entities:
--> Go to the line labelled "City Scene"
--> Above that line type:  union {
--> Go to the end of the file and type the following three lines:
scale <1, 1, -1>
rotate <-90, 0, 0>
}

-->if you use the Moray camera and lights, you have also to comment out the
whole header part of the CityGen scene, i.e. the part of the script between
"Standard Camera" and "End of Header".

Hope this helps.

Thomas