POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : sun goes up : sun goes up Server Time
1 Jul 2024 04:36:48 EDT (-0400)
  sun goes up
From: Tek
Date: 28 Jan 2007 09:27:18
Message: <45bcb2c6@news.povray.org>
Just revisiting an effect I played with a long time ago. Sunrise simulated
by scattering blue media and a white light source. All the pretty colours
come from the blue air removing all the blue light from the sun so you end
up with just orange. The main difference between this and my earlier version
( http://evilsuperbrain.com/gallery/misc/index.php?movie=sun-a-rise ) is
that I'm using a colour matrix (thanks to megapov's post processing) to do
all the rendering in a CIE colour space, allowing for more vivid and
realistic colours. Also this one's media is type 5 with eccentricity .5, so
we get a nice glow near the sun.

I'm still working on the effect 'cause I'm not too happy with the colours...
but it took all night to render and I wanted to show it off!

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com

Post a reply to this message