POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : How do I rotate a citygen 1.5 scene in moray? : Re: How do I rotate a citygen 1.5 scene in moray? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 11:54:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do I rotate a citygen 1.5 scene in moray?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Jan 2007 03:06:51
Message: <45bc599b$1@news.povray.org>
"JReyes" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht
news:web.45bc43458f47c8365604e8e60@news.povray.org...
>I want to use a scene create with CityGen v1.5
> (http://members.tripod.com/~dcieslak/util.html) in moray. I find I can
> easily bring in the scene and have it rendered. But of course the city is
> up and moray is z up. what is the best way to rotate the city? I tried
> using
> the POVInclude plugin for Moray
> (http://www.kolban.com/3d/POVInclude.htm) with the option "inclusion of
> POV-Ray to Moray coordinate system transforms." checked but had no luck.
> Any assistance would be welcomed. Thank you.

Basically, the transform from POV-Ray to Moray (or from Moray to POV-Ray) is
very simple. The only thing you have to do is to add two commands to the (I
suppose) union englobing your city:

scale <1, 1, -1>
rotate <90, 0, 0>

That's all.

When using the POVInclude plugin, the advanced option you mention is only
used for the placeholder box visible in Moray and containing the POV-Ray
object. There is a pdf tutorial available for this plugin. If you are
interested, I can post it in moray.binaries.

Thomas