POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [bug] Discontinuous pigment : Re: [bug] Discontinuous pigment Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:20:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [bug] Discontinuous pigment
From: Slime
Date: 28 Jan 2007 02:42:10
Message: <45bc53d2@news.povray.org>
> Here is a result from POV-Ray v3.6.1.icl8.win32 rendering of the above
> code (1000x1000, no AA), performed on P4 machine:
> http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/5146/bug2bh9.png

Ah, my gamma settings didn't show any visible difference in the dark areas.
When I change my gamma settings, I get the same result you do.

If I set adc_bailout 0 in my global_settings, I don't get the problem. I
think it's just that the pre-gamma-corrected color is within the default
adc_bailout of pure black, so it rounds down (as an optimization?). Post
gamma correction, this doesn't look so good.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]