POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : volume calculations : Re: volume calculations Server Time
6 Oct 2024 16:14:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: volume calculations
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 25 Jan 2007 20:11:28
Message: <45b95540$1@news.povray.org>
> First a sphere of radius 20!  I took the liberty of pasting the total
> debug
> stream (slightly modified SDL from above).  The debug stream was
> outputting
> time into the parse.

The actual Volume of a sphere with a 20 unit
radius is 33510.3216

According to your test data the accuracy of
your estimations are similar to those from
the algorithm I used.

That is an interesting use of eval_pigment...
but aren't you just using it to test if a
point is inside the object?

seg  %Error
3    34.40
4     4.51