POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : "Pseudo IRTC" topic suggestions wanted! : Re: "Pseudo IRTC" topic suggestions wanted! Server Time
1 Jun 2024 12:25:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Pseudo IRTC" topic suggestions wanted!
From: Jim Charter
Date: 24 Jan 2007 19:51:47
Message: <45b7ff23@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
>   I can't do PoV prims. Or rather, I can, but I can't translate them. It
> does my head in bigtime. I remember 60 - 70 moves just to get a box or
> sphere where I wanted it to be.
>
>     If we go down the pure-pov route, then I will still enter using Wings.
> It'll be just for the fun of it though, so disregard my attempt in any final
> submission that I may make.
>
>       ~Steve~

That was my first reaction too, Steve, but then I realized that a
masterful texturing scene would still make a strong entry.

Also, to get an organic shape, use a mesh modeller then export the
vertex info to generate splines, or locate spheres, or in some other way.

Also, a scene can be laid out in Wings, and again, the locations
retrieved manually from the Wings display, you know, mid point of a
face, whatever.

Also recognize that cylinders and cones need not be transformed.  They
can be defined with their endpoints hard-coded in space.

Anyway, the !-a-checkered-plane topic would be my second choice.  If
someone would PulEEZe tell me if it means...

a) the specific negation of "plane" and "checkered" concepts or...

b) a clever way of saying: the topic is completely open, just don't put
a tiled floor or similar in the scene.