POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : scan lines? : Re: scan lines? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:28:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: scan lines?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 20 Jan 2007 10:13:43
Message: <45b231a7@news.povray.org>
Dennis Miller wrote:
> Thanks much Thorsten. Focusing on the Fields issue for a moment, do you know
> if this might occur if their display is Progressive and they used Fields
> (upper or lower), or perhaps the other way round (their display is not
> Progressive and they neglected to use Fields in their render)...

It seems rather odd to see a single line moving. Maybe a misconfigured
interlace filter, but again the description of the problem seems far too
detailed for such a general configuration issue. They would be seeing
artifacts all over the place. If I wouldn't know better, I would check the
digital source material as well as the digital material they actually send
to the video output for a black line. They certainly can get you a copy of
at least a few frames of that digitally - it won't be all that big.

	Thorsten