POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : scan lines? : scan lines? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:26:12 EDT (-0400)
  scan lines?
From: Dennis Miller
Date: 20 Jan 2007 07:14:31
Message: <45b207a7$1@news.povray.org>
I just sent a potential client a hard drive containing 5400 High Def-size
Targa files representing a 3 minute animation created in POV. I got a call
saying that he had a service bureau load the frames into Final Cut and
render them out (in a format I don't know - probably uncompressed QT Movie),
then when they projected them they saw black horizontal lines appearing at
the bottom of the screen and moving upward. My guess is that they either
didn't use Fields and should have (or did and shoudn't have), or maybe they
didn;t "interpret the footage as 29.97" and should have, or did and
shouldn't have.
Does anyone know what would cause this? I have seen it myself when
previewing work on an external RGB monitor after rendering individual Targa
files into a video file.
Thanks much.
Dennis

--