POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : RGB color Index : Re: RGB color Index Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:28:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RGB color Index
From: Alain
Date: 18 Jan 2007 19:02:22
Message: <45b00a8e@news.povray.org>
sitha nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 18-01-2007 01:37:
> Hi Everybody,
> I am using POV for visualize my finite element analysis results of
> buildings. I use RGB color to represent the displacement of buildings. Now
> I need to put a color index which corresponds to the dispalcement. But I
> dont know how to make a color index in POV. Please somebody help me as soon
> as possible early because next week I have a presentation.
> Thanks a lot in advance.

> Regards,
> Sitha.

You can have a small, long box coloured by an apropriate gradient in a corner or
along an edge of your image.
Use some text objects to mark the reference points and units.
Tick marks can be done using tiny box or cylinders.
Try using the screen.inc to get the tools to help you place it correctly.
There is a sample scene that show a possible use of that include.

--
Alain
Stay out of my head, its a bad neighborhood.