POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Memory.log : Re: Memory.log Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:27:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory.log
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 17 Jan 2007 12:00:56
Message: <45ae5648$1@news.povray.org>
> 1) Could I just turn this off somehow?  ("RTFM" with citation of chapter and
> subsection is appreciated).

	No, this is a build-time choice only.  It seems the Debian guys decided
to compile their binary using an option that turns debug on (which is bad as
it will slow down rendering speed).  I'll have a look at it and bug them.
	So for now you have 3 choices, ordered from most simple to most efficient:
1) make Memory.log a symbolic link to /dev/null
2) use the official binary
3) build your own from sources

> a) Is my code riddled with errors that will fundamentally slow up my
> render speed, OR

	IIRC memory leaks in 3.6.x may result from parsing/rendering error
or with some scenes using blobs.

> c) A bug in the debian-repository versions of povray that has been
> demonstrated not to be in the version from the povray site?

	Most likely what I've written above -- to be checked though.

> There's too many manual things to set up.

	Which things?

	- NC