POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Background image? : Re: Background image? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:32:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Background image?
From: Alain
Date: 16 Jan 2007 13:59:53
Message: <45ad20a9$1@news.povray.org>
Espen nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 16-01-2007 06:07:
> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>> "Alain" <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote in message
>> .
>>> DONE!
>>      Heh, I like your style Alain...  :o)

>>       ~Steve~

>>> --
>>> Alain
>>> Fundamentalism: If shit happens, you will go to hell, unless you are born
>>> again. (Amen!)

> Thanx guys!  Below is the code for reference.

> , Espen

> plane { < 0, 0, -1 >, -15
>    texture {
>        pigment { image_map { tga "background.tga" } }
>        finish { ambient 1 diffuse 0 }
>        translate < -0.5, -0.5 > scale < 20, 20 >
>    }
> }

Before scaling, the image_map cover an area of 1 unit by 1 unit. So, if the
original image is not square, you need to scale it to the proper aspect ratio.
Your plane is as good as the box I mentioned.
As it is now, the image will be tilled over the plane. If it's incoveniant or
you don't want the tilling, you need to add the "once" keyword.

--
Alain
I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than