POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : bicubic_patch limitations? : Re: bicubic_patch limitations? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bicubic_patch limitations?
From: Alain
Date: 12 Jan 2007 16:18:55
Message: <45a7fb3f@news.povray.org>
Napivo nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 12-01-2007 08:19:
> Thanks,

> I posted a message at http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dk65p6z_6cpkdtv to
> demonstrate  what I was trying to do.  It works now as I decided to curve
> the deck of the ship. This is more realistic anyhow.

> But I still find it odd that a flat bicubic_patch gives me a rectangle while
> a curved one curves in both directions.

> I will not worry about it any longer. For me the problem is solved.

> Thanks for your time

> Napivo
There is nothing "strange" about a flat bicubic_patch to apears as a rectangle.
There are 4 base points and 12 equidistent control points, all coplanar, this
can't make anything but a rectangle unless two base points are merged into one
changint it into a triangle.

--
Alain
   I'm so ugly I stuck my head out the window and got arrested for Mooning.