POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : diffuse map + specular map : Re: diffuse map + specular map Server Time
2 May 2024 09:52:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: diffuse map + specular map
From: Alain
Date: 11 Jan 2007 19:10:31
Message: <45a6d1f7@news.povray.org>
JSR nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 11-01-2007 07:09:
> Hi,
> I tried to create a floor with diffuse map + specular map with the source
> code:

Try randomysing the ends of the planks in your maps. In real life, you try to
avoid any lining up like those you have. Also, when you buy wood for your
hardwood floor, the individual planks do show some large variation in lenght.
They can range from about a feet to some 12 feet in lenght!

--
Alain
Sometimes my love of the arcane combines with my askew humor to make me