POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Human Figures? : Re: Human Figures? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:28:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Human Figures?
From: FlyerX
Date: 8 Jan 2007 04:09:18
Message: <45a20a3e$1@news.povray.org>
FrogRay wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am wanting to create reasonably realistic human figures to include in my
> pov-ray scenes.  By realistic I mean that the proportions of limbs and body
> are correct - I'm not too worried (at this stage) about fine details such
> as face, hair fingernails, etc.
>
> I am using a program called Art Of Illusion which has quite a good mesh
> modelling tool.
>
> What I am wondering is whether it is worth the time and effort to use a
> mesh-modeller such as AOI or whether I would be better off purchasing
> something like POSER.
>
> Has anyone had much success with AOI ? (I don't think I've seen it
> mentioned)
>

> Also, I have heard that you don't own the copyright to your own
> objects/models created with POSER.
> Can someone please confirm or clarify this for me?
>
> Thanks Heaps.

FrogRay,

Get DAZ|Studio
http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/software/studio/-/?

and the free 3rd generation figures from
http://www.download.com/3000-20-10579249.html?part=undefined&subj=dl&tag=button

some free skin textures here:
www.renderosity.com

Then use PoseRay
http://mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/
to convert the DAZ|Studio models to POV-Ray scenes.

good luck,

FlyerX