POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Human Figures? : Re: Human Figures? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:33:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Human Figures?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 8 Jan 2007 03:21:25
Message: <45a1ff05$1@news.povray.org>
"FrogRay" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht
news:web.45a1def586b9393cec780c250@news.povray.org...
> Hi all
>
> I am wanting to create reasonably realistic human figures to include in my
> pov-ray scenes.  By realistic I mean that the proportions of limbs and
> body
> are correct - I'm not too worried (at this stage) about fine details such
> as face, hair fingernails, etc.
>
> I am using a program called Art Of Illusion which has quite a good mesh
> modelling tool.
>
> What I am wondering is whether it is worth the time and effort to use a
> mesh-modeller such as AOI or whether I would be better off purchasing
> something like POSER.
>
> Has anyone had much success with AOI ? (I don't think I've seen it
> mentioned)
>

> Also, I have heard that you don't own the copyright to your own
> objects/models created with POSER.
> Can someone please confirm or clarify this for me?
>
> Thanks Heaps.

If you want human figures easy and fast to pose in a POV-Ray scene, then
save yourself the trouble to create them from scratch in AOI or any other
mesh modelling tool, as rewarding and useful that work might be to you. I
certainly would recommend Poser. Alternatively, you can try Daz|Studio which
is free, especially to get the feeling of posing itself. However, since I
switched to Poser, I find that tool far superior to Daz|Studio.
I don't exactly know about copyrights. If you use the Poser figures, I
suppose the strict copyright resides with e frontier (before: Curious Lab),
but you are allowed to use them freely. However, there certainly is somebody
in these ng's who is more knowledgeable than I am.

Hope this helps.

Thomas