POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Another photon + caustics question : Re: Another photon + caustics question Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:29:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another photon + caustics question
From: Alain
Date: 7 Jan 2007 18:02:31
Message: <45a17c07$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Attwood nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 07-01-2007 16:46:
>>> What am I doing wrong? How can I remove the solid black shadow as shown in
>>> image2.jpg and have caustics show up there?

> You can get the effect you want by lowering the ior from your interior,
> I'm not sure if POV ior is really one for one acurate with RL ior numbers.
> (1.01 would work ok)

That's a very low ior. Barely more that that of air (about 1.0001, vacuum is ior
1), more like compressed air. A realistic ior for a glass object is around 1.5
to 1.8. POV use the standard equations to calculate the effect of the ior:
reproduce real life acurately.

--
Alain
How come we choose from just two people to run for President and over fifty for