POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : No photons generated for mesh2 objects? : Re: No photons generated for mesh2 objects? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:22:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No photons generated for mesh2 objects?
From: Alain
Date: 7 Jan 2007 10:18:43
Message: <45a10f53$1@news.povray.org>
Stefan Viljoen nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 07-01-2007 02:13:
> Tim Attwood wrote:

>>> Can anybody help?
>> Without seeing your code it's dificult, because it should
>> work fine. Here is a sample that works fine with mesh2.

> Hi Tim

> Thanks for replying - I checked the code you provided and I cannot see the
> difference between yours and mine:
> .
> .
> .
> #declare Light001 = light_source {
>   <0.0, 0.0, 0.0>
>   color rgb <1.000, 1.000, 1.000>*1.4500
>   photons {
>   }
>   translate  <0.984692, -14.212549, 19.073553>

>   photons
>   {
>         refraction on
>         reflection on
>   }
> }
> .

>       interior

>       {

>          ior 1.35

>          caustics 1.25

>          dispersion 1.25

>          dispersion_samples  10

> The above gives me 0 photons emitted - I cannot spot a functional difference
> with your code? Except that you specify a photon density and I used a
> count - I tried using density as well (just like you did) with no results -
> 0 photons are still emitted...

> Thanks for the reply!
when you use photons, you don't use caustics. caustics is a fast simulation that
don't take the distance into consideration AND don't show outside the shadowed area.
Also, you don't need the empty photons{} block in your light_source. Maybe it's
what's turning your photons OFF... It's all ON by default. You need it if you
DON'T want that light_source to emit photons: photons{refraction off reflection off}

--
Alain
Fundamentalism: If shit happens to a televangelist, it's okay.