POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Oficina '99 : Re: Oficina '99 Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:14:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oficina '99
From: Alan Kong
Date: 5 Oct 1999 20:13:42
Message: <45L6N7lOirHTrH7c=0+V+n4TBqI1@4ax.com>
On 5 Oct 1999 17:40:02 -0400, Jerome Waters <hjw### [at] whqcsarcom> wrote:

>But in that particular issue of CGW there was mention of POV-Ray, that the
>software was free, and with the URL.

  Hi, Jerome. Was that the issue that had a featured article on radiosity?
They made some errors when they mentioned POV-Ray in that paragraph. First
they referred to it as shareware and then as public domain, neither of which
is accurate. I remember bringing up the issue with Dan Farmer [POV-Team] at
the time but can't recall if I ever sent CGW a correction by e-mail.

  Still, CGW is a nice publication and I've subscribed to it for several
years (did I renew this year??). They cover a lot of movie CG effects, which
is where a lot of my (amateur) interest lies.

--
Alan