POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scaling too small causes renders to crawl. : Re: Scaling too small causes renders to crawl. Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scaling too small causes renders to crawl.
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 5 Jan 2007 05:40:08
Message: <459e2b08$1@news.povray.org>
space_cadet wrote:
> Ben Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
>> Are you *really* sure what the source of the slowdown is?  Have you
>> tried putting the model in the current scene, with its native scaling?
>> Or did you just render the model at its native scaling in another scene?
>>

> No, I'm not *really* sure of the source of the slowdown.  However, when I
> render the scene with native scaling (simply comment out the "scale
> ...0000254") it renders, when I comment it back in, it crawls.

If your objects are way too big or small, they won't be included in the
bounding volumes. Hence, POV-ray has to to a lot more work *trying* to give
you want you want, even though the numbers you are using are out of any sane
range. You have to use sane numbers in your scene, there is no other "solution".

	Thorsten