POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : No photons generated for mesh2 objects? : No photons generated for mesh2 objects? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:31:29 EDT (-0400)
  No photons generated for mesh2 objects?
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 5 Jan 2007 03:25:35
Message: <459e0b7e@news.povray.org>
Hi all

Will photons be shot this?

If so, what possible reasons can there be for no photons mentioned in
statistics on a scene with a mesh2 photon target, photons defined in the
global settings, and a light source that illuminates the target object that
is defined as being a photon source?

I'm pulling my hair out - I've tried everything - more photons, lower
spacings, lower spacings on the target object, but absolutely zero photons
get generated. My only conclusion is that mesh2 objects cannot participate
in photons? I've searched the docs but I can't find any mention of this,
nor can I figure out why Povray refuses to generate a photon map...

Can anybody help?
--
Stefan