POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : cutaway_textures when not using the default texture : Re: cutaway_textures when not using the default texture Server Time
6 Oct 2024 12:55:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cutaway_textures when not using the default texture
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 3 Jan 2007 20:42:58
Message: <459c5ba2@news.povray.org>
I see what you are saying...
The texture assigned by using cutaway_textures isn't
flagged as being a textured surface... so later it
gets re-assigned.

I usually declare my textures so I can change stuff
at one spot. Then I declare objects without textures.
Finally, I add textures with the scene.  I don't hold
to this 100% of course...

camera {location <2,5,3> look_at 0}
light_source {<4,5,2> rgb 1}

// textures
#declare TCyan = texture{pigment{rgb<0, 1, 1>}};
#declare TRed = texture{pigment{rgb<1, 0, 0>}};
#declare TThing = texture {
   object { box {<-1,-2,-1>, <1,2,2>}
      texture{TRed}
      texture{TCyan}