POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : beta 18 on Win32: completes rendering to 100% stage, but then gets stuck : Re: beta 18 on Win32: completes rendering to 100% stage, but then gets stuc= Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:28:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: beta 18 on Win32: completes rendering to 100% stage, but then gets stuc=
From: Ben Chambers
Date: 2 Jan 2007 00:20:12
Message: <4599eb8c$1@news.povray.org>
LiquidEyes wrote:
>> AFAIK, you shouldn't be replacing the files in your normal distribution.
>>   Just leave them as they are, and unzip the beta file into a new
>> directory, and things should work fine.
>
> Sorry I don't understand!
>
> The beta zip file only contains a handful of files (mostly DLLs). The
> instructions explicitly say you are supposed to install 3.6.1 first.
>
> If I just install the beta files to a new folder, how will PovRay know where
> they are?

You DO need to install POV-Ray 3.6.1 first.  After that, unzip the beta
files to a new folder.

I don't know if it will solve your problem or not, because I'm only
using a 32bit Athlon XP - but you said you're running 32bit Windows, so
it shouldn't be related to your processor being an Athlon 64.

...Chambers