POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Individual Part Drawings are Too Large : Re: Individual Part Drawings are Too Large Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:31:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Individual Part Drawings are Too Large
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 1 Jan 2007 17:12:23
Message: <45998747$1@news.povray.org>
> I posted a screen shot of my problem in the binaries section of this
> newsgroup. Hope this helps to solve my problem.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

> Does anyone know how to reduce the size of these individual part drawings?

LPub was written by Kevin L. Clague, he probably would know exactly
how LPub generates POV code, although I think LPub isn't open source.

>How do I reduce the size of these part list images?

I found this link http://www.users.qwest.net/~kclague/LPub/LPub.html
That suggests that part images can be made smaller by adding it to the
half_size.ldr file in the Part_Images subdirectory of your LPub install.

>Is there a setting in POV-Ray that would accomplish this?

There are settings for POV that can choose the output resolution
(+H#, +W# on the command line), and there are portions of the POV SDL that
can scale objects. However, LPub is generating this code for you, so no.

> The model size is fine, but the parts shown below the model on the
> web page are three or four times the size of the model above it. I don't
> know why this is.

I think that the part images come from the part image database in
LPub, I'm not sure if that is rendered on installation, or distributed.
The images probably can be modified if they remain in the same
resolution and file format.