POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Question : Re: Question Server Time
18 May 2024 08:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question
From: Ben Chambers
Date: 23 Dec 2006 02:55:59
Message: <458ce10f$1@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen wrote:
> Woland wrote:
>> I have one small question.
>> Does Pov-ray 64 bit works with two core processors ?
>
> It works, but uses only one core. 3.7 is promised to be threaded so
> it'll utilize both cores.

In the meantime, there are other methods.  For instance, I believe
there's a system called SMP-Pov, which will distribute the render
throughout a cluster (however, I believe it has issues with radiosity).

If you're doing an animation, you can submit it to the IMP
(www.imp.org), and it will be farmed out to several machines.

...Chambers