POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : large black dots in glass objects : Re: large black dots in glass objects Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:30:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: large black dots in glass objects
From: Warp
Date: 19 Dec 2006 03:51:36
Message: <4587a815@news.povray.org>
"Dennis Clarke" <dcl### [at] blastwaveorg> wrote:
> I have been trying to get rid of large black dots in some glass objects.

  Perhaps the object is simply refracting some black part of the scene?

  If you have some big black or very dark area in your scene, try changing
its color to something else to see if the black spots change too. If they do,
the reason is rather obvious.

Grassblade <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hmm, yes, I've got the same, only worse:
> I've tried cranking up Max Trace level to 50, but the result doesn't change
> much, in fact it's slightly worse in places. I even tried a Max_trace_level
> of 250, which is just as bad.

  Try the same thing as I suggested above first. If you don't have anything
black or changing the blackness to something else doesn't affect the dots,
then it might be something else.

--
                                                          - Warp