POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Isosurface takes FOREVER, what can I do : Re: Isosurface takes FOREVER, what can I do Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface takes FOREVER, what can I do
From: dave vanhorn
Date: 16 Dec 2006 12:15:10
Message: <4584299e@news.povray.org>
> I wouldn't know, but you can try changing your function. There's another
> heart shaped function here, that reportedly renders very quickly:
> http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/real.htm (Yet Another Heart)

I have that now, and it's workable, but when I put it in my scene, I get a
parse error.
His file renders correctly, so I must be doing something wrong, but I'm not
seeing it.

Error is : Expected 'operator', ( found instead

#declare Bend=0.5;
#declare Sharpness=0.8;

#declare Heart = isosurface {
                            function { f_torus
(y-pow(abs(x),Sharpness)*Bend,z,x,0.8,0.1) }
                            max_gradient 1.5
                            contained_by { sphere {0,1.5}}
                            }

//finally, the heart as an object
#declare MyHeart =
    object { Heart material  { M_Ruby_Glass }

                   #ifndef(NoPhotons)
                     photons { //collect off
                               refraction on
                               reflection on