POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Isosurface takes FOREVER, what can I do : Isosurface takes FOREVER, what can I do Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Isosurface takes FOREVER, what can I do
From: dave vanhorn
Date: 15 Dec 2006 12:45:26
Message: <4582df36$1@news.povray.org>
I just posted to scene-files, my "polyheart.pov"

The problem that I'm having is that even with photons and radiosity turned
way down, this is taking forever to render.  I have the accuracy set to just
beyond where it needs to be to get the surface defect free, and that's taken
over a week's spare time rendering to establish.

I'm using a bounding box, just barely bigger than the isosurface.

What else can I do to speed this up?