POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SCC$ results announcement : Re: SCC$ results announcement Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:18:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SCC$ results announcement
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 15 Dec 2006 08:10:27
Message: <45829ec3$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter schrieb:

> BTW, BTW my top pick was "The Groove"  I am truly sorry it got
> overlooked.  I thought it was a gutsy, evocative, entry with a nice
> retro feel.  Other entries were more this, more that, and there is
> something about the design of "the Groove" which feels a little shakey,
> but it was the one entry that had the power to transport me, and hold my
> interest.

Thanks, but no need to feel sorry - when making it i was well aware that
it most likely won't score very high.  It does not turn out too well at
this small size and such a contest of course favours eye-catching images
and familiar forms.

You should try rendering it in larger size if you like it (and can
afford the render time ;-))  It most likely won't look too bad as a
poster and it is probably a good demonstration for creating much detail
in very few code in POV-Ray.

-- Christoph