POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Use Slope pattern for Planting distribution? : Re: Use Slope pattern for Planting distribution? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 15:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Use Slope pattern for Planting distribution?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Dec 2006 05:25:32
Message: <4582781c@news.povray.org>
"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> schreef in bericht
>  I don't think the purpose of the documentation is to be an
> all-encompassing
> mathematics tutorial. While mathematics is certainly very useful (and
> often
> necessary) to use POV-Ray, the documentation should be about POV-Ray, not
> about mathematics. I think it's fair that the documentation assumes that
> the reader has some previous knowledge on math.

Hmm.. Yes... However, normalize is mentioned nowhere in the docs, except at
vnormalize (and then very succintly) and in some examples without further
comment. Without going too mathematical, imho that is too little for the
average POV-Ray user (like me).

Thomas