POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Use Slope pattern for Planting distribution? : Re: Use Slope pattern for Planting distribution? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 15:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Use Slope pattern for Planting distribution?
From: Warp
Date: 15 Dec 2006 04:02:10
Message: <45826491@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran <tra### [at] inapgfr> wrote:
> Just ran a test with the Makesnow macro and it looks to be normalized indeed
> (all vlength(Norm)=1). It's just not documented probably.

  I think a more definitive way would be to check from the source code
if all objects return a normalized vector (or if the implementation of
trace() normalizes the vector before it returns it).

  It's highly possible that all objects normalize the normal vector they
return, because it's most useful that way (eg. for lighting calculations
and basically everything else where normals are used). However, it might
also be possible that some objects do not normalize the vector for
efficiency reasons...

--
                                                          - Warp