POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Image maps : Image maps Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:27:00 EDT (-0400)
  Image maps
From: David Instone
Date: 15 Dec 2006 01:39:36
Message: <45824328@news.povray.org>
I am trying to apply an image to the surface of a box as so

box { <-2, -0.5, -2>, <2, 0.55, 2>
       pigment{image_map {sys "Test.bmp"} scale 1}
       rotate y*45
       translate<-25.5, 0, -25.5>
   }

But I am getting a series of verticle bars. Thinking this was due to a
scaling problem I have added the scale and gone from 0.0001 to 10000. At
extremes I get a solid color that might be a corner of the image but nothing
else. Is there any way to work out how to scale the file to fit the box
surface or am I going about this completely the wrong way. I really only
want to place an image on the surface.

Thanks