POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Averaged Normal_maps : Re: Averaged Normal_maps Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:28:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Averaged Normal_maps
From: Alain
Date: 13 Dec 2006 06:01:47
Message: <457fdd9b$1@news.povray.org>
Kirk Andrews nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 13-12-2006 00:00:
> Actually, I believe my problem may be with the pattern that I'm using.  I'm
> using facets, and after checking the documentation I haven't found a way to
> increase the intensity of the facets for a normal.
>
> I'm trying to have a texture that has large facets, but with smaller facets
> between.  So I averaged a large facet normal and small facet normal, but in
> the result the facets are so faint you can hardly see either of them.

Try increasing the ponderation factor for the large patern.
normal_map{[2 facets][1facets scale 0.1]}
This will double the weight of the large scale pattern.

--
Alain
"The fact that windows is one of the most popular ways to operate a computer