POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : moray blob and "city coordinates" format : Re: moray blob and "city coordinates" format Server Time
28 Apr 2024 16:03:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: moray blob and "city coordinates" format
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 Dec 2006 04:11:42
Message: <457d20ce@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> schreef in bericht

> I thought about that too and came to the conclusion that there must be
> lots
> and lots of objects that need to be created. And aren't we all too lazy to
> do it by hand. :-)
> Duplicate is good if you can work out a relationship. But maybe a Moray
> scripting feature is needed.

Hmm yes. I was afraid that was the case. However, as you say, duplicate
should be of some help here. Crystals, after all have all kinds of
well-defined symmetries. Problem might be however, if you have to account
for different growth rates along certain crystallographic axis... (my
crystallography and mineralogy  courses are very far behind me). No, maybe
not that simple after all...

Thomas