POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Setting the aspect ratio : Re: Setting the aspect ratio Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:22:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Setting the aspect ratio
From: Warp
Date: 9 Dec 2006 00:52:15
Message: <457a4f0f@news.povray.org>
Ansgar <Tem### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> right x*(aspect ratio)

> Unfortunately, it doesn't. In fact, that line doesn't have any effect at
> all. May I be using another keyword that negates the effect or something?

  An actual scene demonstrating the problem would have been helpful.

  I crated one and see no problem. The 'right' keyword is having the
proper effect. Try this with different values for 'right' (such as
<10, 0, 0>, the difference is quite clear):

#declare P_cam =
camera
{
  sky <0, 0, 1>                       // doesn't seem to have any effect
  up <0, 1, 0>                        // same
  right <1, 0, 0>                     // same. If I use 1 or 1.33 or 2 or
                                      // anything, always the same result
  location <22.695, -65.187, 31.461>
  look_at <-4.677, -4.445, 10.517>
  angle 45                            // I've read this can override "right"
                                      // settings, but I see no difference
                                      // if I leave it out
}

camera { P_cam }

plane
{ x, 0 pigment { checker rgb 1, rgb .5 scale 5 } finish { ambient 1 }
  rotate z*-45 rotate y*-45
}

  Which version of povray are you using?

--