POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Warn About Naming Conflicts? : Re: Warn About Naming Conflicts? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:10:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Warn About Naming Conflicts?
From: Alain
Date: 7 Dec 2006 19:35:40
Message: <4578b35c@news.povray.org>
Ben Chambers nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 07/12/2006 06:45:
> Warp wrote:
>>   (This, among other things, is a direct consequence of the history of
>> the SDL, which is just one kludge over another over the years, and a big
>> reason why pov4 is intended to be written from the scratch and with a
>> much better SDL.)

> Has it been decided that SDL will get a complete overhaul, then?  And
> what about backwards compatibility - is POV-Ray finally giving up on it?

> (Not that it would necessarily be a bad thing, I just don't remember
> hearing that).

> ...Chambers
There already are some backward compatibility breakages. Try rendering a scene
that use "athmosphere" or "hallo". NO version setting can make them work!
Any scene using radiosity or spline may render differently in future versions,
maybe needing editing as some keywords can be dropped or replaced.

--
Alain
After any salary raise, you will have less money at the end of the month than