POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Warn About Naming Conflicts? : Re: Warn About Naming Conflicts? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:11:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Warn About Naming Conflicts?
From: Ben Chambers
Date: 7 Dec 2006 16:12:31
Message: <457883bf@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   This is because, if the #macro is indeed in an included file, POV-Ray will
> open that file, seek to the macro, parse it and close the file, and this each
> time the macro is called. Thus the overhead is about as bad as an explicit
> #include call.

Would it be possible for POV-Ray to hold all already-parsed files in a
memory buffer, so it wouldn't have to open them multiple times?  I
realize this might take a bit of work to deal with potential rewrites of
the macro via the file I/O options, but it would be shedloads faster
than the current method, I think.

...Chambers