POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Warn About Naming Conflicts? : Re: Warn About Naming Conflicts? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Warn About Naming Conflicts?
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Dec 2006 12:51:27
Message: <4578549f$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   This is because, if the #macro is indeed in an included file, POV-Ray will
> open that file, seek to the macro, parse it and close the file, and this each
> time the macro is called.

I knew this, but I never realized one of the implications before: If
you're working on writing macro code, and you start a render, you may
break the render by editing the file the macro is in before the render
is done, yes?

(Of course, on decent operating systems, and even Windows, reading the
same file a bunch of times in a row isn't all that much overhead,
compared to reading it the first time.)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Scruffitarianism - Where T-shirt, jeans,