POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Warn About Naming Conflicts? : Re: Warn About Naming Conflicts? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Warn About Naming Conflicts?
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 7 Dec 2006 08:23:29
Message: <457815d1$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> OTOH, is there real need for a single file with 50+ parameters?  Must the
> user actually set all of those any time they call the include?
>
> If they are needed, then it's not much better than a 50+ parameter macro
> call, except parameters are named.

Most of them have sensible default values, so normally you don't need to
change all of them for every run. But it depends on the scene which
parameters you have to tweak, so using a fixed declare/parameter
combination is not feasible. If those include files were for public use
I'd create a more userfriendly interface by reducing the possible
parameters. But these are rather experimental files for trying out
different algorithms, so I prefer the freedom over the simplicity :)

Regards,
Florian