POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Cloth on a table... : Re: Cloth on a table... Server Time
6 Oct 2024 16:17:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloth on a table...
From: Alain
Date: 6 Dec 2006 17:38:16
Message: <45774658$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 06/12/2006 09:24:
> "RusHHouR" <gee### [at] mailnu> wrote:
>> Wow! Thanks a lot guys, and most of all Thomas for giving my problems your
>> time!

>> (The models are not poser, just ragdolls converted to .inc-files.
>> And this scene is not in disrespect to anyone. Just for fun.)

> it.

> think that you were being disrespectful but there are some strange people
> out there.

> Stephen

"ragdolls" or "paperdolls" are common names for figures in several games.
Paperdolls are mosily 2D with faked 3D effects. They are flat and usualy made in
8 animation sets. Monsters in Doom where in that case, before the name was
introduced.
Ragdolls are the 3D equivalents, the models been 3D, you don't need to fake.
They are triangle mesh based.

--
Alain
Hardware, n.: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.