POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Includes - Licensing : Re: POV-Ray Includes - Licensing Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:16:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Includes - Licensing
From: Chris B
Date: 4 Dec 2006 15:03:53
Message: <45747f29@news.povray.org>
"Chris Cason" <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote in
message news:456ec2b6@news.povray.org...
> ... snip ...  in a pinch we could probably say that any POV
> source file is considered program code since SDL is what we parse, and as
> such a program-oriented license may be more suitable. But if so, not one
> that
> refers exclusively to 'executables' since the includes aren't that.

The LGPL defines a 'library' as "a collection of software functions and/or
data prepared so as to be conveniently linked with application programs
(which use some of those functions and data) to form executables.". They
also use the term 'executable' elsewhere when referring to things containing
the library.

Does anyone know whether the use of the term 'executables' in this context
would give us any issues if we used this license?

Regards,
Chris B.