POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Includes - Standards : Re: POV-Ray Includes - Standards Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Includes - Standards
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Dec 2006 20:56:42
Message: <4573805a$1@news.povray.org>
Sabrina Kilian wrote:
> If I understand correctly, the proposed #as would do what, add a prefix
> to everything that the include makes available to the outside?

FWIW, in my experience, by the time the conversation gets to this level,
progress has stalled to the point where nothing will get done because
it's never perfect enough to start. Given that there isn't, at this
time, any sort of problem along these lines, and given that the
repository is a source-code repository with a license that allows such
things to be fixed if it becomes a problem, it's probably better to get
started, rather than to wait for POV-Ray to be improved to the point
where a giant repository could be compiled without assistance.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Scruffitarianism - Where T-shirt, jeans,