POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Acceptable grade for a walkway? : Re: Acceptable grade for a walkway? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:18:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Acceptable grade for a walkway?
From: Ben Chambers
Date: 2 Dec 2006 02:41:23
Message: <45712e23$1@news.povray.org>
OK, so I've seen a few different numbers posted here.  The design I
settled on is a series of 19 switchbacks, each one dropping about 52
feet over 750 feet, which comes out to about a 7% grade.

The real drawback to this, is that it means the walkway is extended from
3000 feet (a bit more than 1/2 mile, a considerable length on its own)
to about 14000 feet (close to three miles).  I'm thinking I might just
have to adjust my target height so I won't need switchbacks, and put an
elevator in at the end.

...Chambers

PS Hopefully, I'll get some images up in the b.i group soon.