POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Includes - Standards : Re: POV-Ray Includes - Standards Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:16:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Includes - Standards
From: John VanSickle
Date: 1 Dec 2006 21:25:05
Message: <4570e401$1@news.povray.org>
Sherry Shaw wrote:

> I wonder if some sort of generic unit conversion code might be posted on
> the site, to allow coders to use the units they find most appropriate,
> while simplifying end-users' ability to mix-and-match #include files...?

I tried to whip up a set of macros which allow a model designer to
specify what units they're using, and another set which allows the scene
designer to specify the units for the scene.  The two macros would work
together to properly scale the object for the scene.

But making it sufficiently idiot-proof was too cumbersome, so I
abandoned it to make time for playing Diablo.

Regards,
John